Great phrase to get you into action,yes? Yes. A nation covered in Snuggie, mixing protein shakes in a Magic Bullet after working the ab roller will defend my position while you gather facts for yours.
It works because it gives you a sense of urgency. Puts a deadline on you. Deadlines word. Look at Mad Men. Or Santa Claus.
“If you don’t act now, you’re going to miss out on this great opportunity.”
You’ll lose money, motivation, opportunity. Miss out on this product. And it’s going fast because other people who’re realizing the exact same message that you are, have it within them to act now, without further information to take hold of their destiny and……it’s getting pretty heavy for a blender commercial , right?
Wrong. There’s an infomercial going on in each one of our lives right now, that if we don’t wait, we’ll miss it, and while we laugh at most of these feeble attempts at business models, they don’t. That’s for another blog. This one’s about the strongest postulate out there: for a limited time only.
“You’re invited to act for a limited time only. Act now, and you’re receive Progress, Achievement, and a sense that you did something today.” One of the studies the late Steven Covey, Brian Tracy, Jeffrey Gitomer, and Anthony Robbins all cite in their talks and text is that the best leaders are the ones that take action in the next five minutes to get shizzle done. It keeps getting dragged across our desk because we’re not doing it often enough.
- For a limited time only, we’re on Earth.
- For a limited time only, we’ve got time with ones we love and learn from.
- For a limited time only, we’re ahead of our competition because they’re sleeping in.
- For a limited time only, clients trust our punctuality, judgement, motives, and methods.
- For a limited time only, our employees’ jobs are bright and shiny, haven’t had their dreams dashed with criticism, and still want to give solid, honest input without repercussion.
- For a limited time only, we’re willing to try, try again, even though the first time we fell? Effing hurt. A lot. Wake boarders, snowboarders unite on this one.
- For a limited time only, its you’re idea, and nothing can stop you.
The next lesson I got from infomercials was that it CAN’T stop there….. you have to tell people, clients, employees, AND yourself what the next step in the next 5 minutes should be….. so Stay tuned and read tomorrow’s blog.